Thursday 30 June 2011

A little more certainty

So further to my last blog I have now established my Personal Professional Devleopment Plan with the Librarian and Systems Librarian.

It was a very positive meeting and I feel a lot better now that I have a clearer direction in mind and I am even a little excited again now that I am to be given some projects. I get on well with our new sytems Librairan and she is very enthusiatic for me to do well which helps to bouy my confidence somewhat.

 I am particularly looking forward to the opportuiny to job shadow in some other libraries as it would be great to see the variety of positions out there. I was also quite pleased that I will be given at least one project (to brand and market the library - eeks I struggled to brand myslef!) and the Systems Librarian is hoping that towards the end of my traineeship she can convince the librarian to give me responsiblity for cataloughing and classifying a small sunject area - which would be a fab opportunity and really give me hands the on experience of a librarian.

I'm really pleased things are coming together for me here now. I think it helps now that we have the new Systems Librarian as it helps our Librarian to share the load and free up their time more in order to get involved and focus on staff progression. I certainly think once I have had the oportunity to visit a few Libraries I can get a feel of where I would like to work which will help to confirm what route I want to take in terms of qualifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment