Monday 25 July 2011

Social Networking

Well I have got quite a bit of catching up to do after some well earned time off. I'm well seasoned in the art of soical networking and have done it from quite a young age begining with MSN and Yahoo Chat where I chatted with freinds from school and got to know other poeple. Then at Univeristy the Facebook phenomena was taking of so I have been using it for many years as a way to stay in touch with friends and organise social events. I am also an administrator for our college facebook page - although so far I havent done anything with that yet. I did sign up with twitter but must admit I have negelcted it somewhat as I don't usually feel there is anything worth stating but I do enjoy following others and one benefit of joinging was that my husband also decided to join and its a great space for him to advertise his storytelling business.

I did join LinkedIn a while ago but have still to work on my profile and get that up to scratch and it was good to look at the examples shown on the blog to give an idea how professional it can look. I also joined LISNPN earlier this year when it was pointed out to me by a colleague and I quite like it as a fourm it is good to read some of the discussion boards and see other peoples views, I do contribute to some discussions.

As a way to meet new people I am a big fan of social networking - in fact it is how I met my husband. I realised that once I graduated from univeristy and was settled into a job I didn't meet so many new people and that social networking is a great way to conect to people that you might not ever meet. Similarly it is a great way to get your name out there and get to know others that have shared your expericences.

No comments:

Post a Comment