Monday 4 July 2011

Thing 4

So far today the only thing I have been able to do is sign up for RSS feeds with google reader as I can't access twitter on the College network. I do find this quite frustrating in an era when a lot of networking is boosted by social netwokring sites (just thing of how many things 'go - viral') colleges and schools still feel the need to block them as they are seen as a distraction. What frustrates me more is students can actually access these sites using the wifi facilities on thier mohile phones or thier own devices, so actually we are only hindering ourselves by not being able to update our facebok page or post twitter updates unless we do it on our own devices (again using the wifi).

With that rant over I will endevaour to sign up to twitter later on tonight at home. I will also have alook at pushnote as I am a firefox user at home.

Other thing I need to do include - add a profile picture and include more pictures in my posts - I imagine they are rather boring being just plain text.

No comments:

Post a Comment