Wednesday 4 January 2012

New Year's Resolution (sort of)

As a rule I try not to make resolutions as I end up feeling like I've failed when I reach the end of the year and I haven't kept it up.

However earlier today I was thinking about blogs as a reflective tool and thought it would be worth looking over my old (personal) blog. It surprised (and concerned) me how easy it was to find my old blog and read the posts. I simply put my blog name into google blog search and there it was, a whole three years of my life laid out for anyone to read.

 It was interesting to read back through them as it was written partly during my time at uninveristy and then through my first couple of years of life post Uni.  It charts my first steps in the the world of being an adult and how I dealt with it including my first job after University, living away from home and general finacnial woes. I can see how much I have changed between then and now in the way I deal with situations and my life focus is completely different. This is the first time I have really seen the benefits of blogs as a reflective practice as before now I kept my personal one as an online diary and my professional one has only been going for a few months.

 But back to the point I opened up with - this year my aim is to try and blog at least either once a week on either here or my personal blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment