Friday 27 January 2012

Working across Multi-sites

This is a subject that has been on my mind recently as over the last couple of weeks I ahve been based only at one site. As it is I usually only work at one of our other sites one day a week due to staffing. Perosnally I think it is useful to work across at all sites as it give an interesting variation to the job with the different tasks that need to be carried out at each of the site and the type of visitors you get at the different libraries. I also think it is a good opportunity to work with, and as a result get to know your colleagues. Currently due to the way we work there a members of my team I only see for half an hour at our team meetings or for half  day when I'm at the other site.

I do enjoy being at thie site I work at mostly and I have a good gauge of the staff and students and therefore how to approach them if necesary, this is likely due to the fact that I am here for three days in a row at the begining of the week. On the other hand my time at our other site is much busier when I'm on the counter and there ore lots of tasks that need doing all the time and as a result the time flies by.

we do have a third site that is due to expand and I haven't had the opportunity to visit it as yet due to travel difficulties but would like to do so in the near future.

I think for good communication nd an understanding for other peoples job roles it is essential when workng at a multi-site Library that the team makes the most of the opportunity to work at all sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment